Tfw you realize God is real

>Tfw you realize God is real

>tfw you find God for the first time

There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad (peace be unto him) is His messenger.

>tfw you see a nice pair of tits

>writing the prophet's name

haram

I was just listening to this man's music today. hell, I might just put it back on, now.

>tfw you realise there is no evidence either for or against a god, and it's generally better to live life thinking of other things

>tfw you realise that God backwards is Dog

>tfw you grow out of atheism

God is shill.

You can only say there's no evidence for god if you narrowly restrict the term evidence to only mean direct empirical evidence. This is nonsense because there is no direct empirical evidence or scientific experiment that can prove the belief that all true beliefs must be validated with the scientific method. This is called scientism and it is ultimately self-defeating.

>tfw you realize god is not the abusive father in heaven you feared as a kid that made you go edgy atheist and he's actually everything and always with you and his infinite light fills your heart with love for your fellow sentient beings and the cosmos and you're not even on weed or psychedelics

What if I have decided that I will base my understanding of reality on the sensory information I receive, both directly and via external instruments? I assert that if my senses are significantly incorrect about the world that I live in, this is first of all inconsequential (because I will fail to sense any """true""" world if it isn't this one) and second of all impossible for me to determine.
With these axioms empiricism is objectively correct.

I don't care what you do.

>tfw you realize it doesn't matter if God is real or not, belief transcends ontology

You'll care when I give you a knuckle sandwich you piece of shit

What made you realize, OP? Share it me: I would like to believe and be happier for that.

>tfw you realize that you actually are substantially more intelligent than religious people and it's not just a fedora meme

>tfw you realize that god can defy arbitrary human logic
>tfw you see all the brainlets trying to argue with god's ability
>tfw you realize that we're all flesh puppets with a piece of god in em

feelsgoodman

Not OP, but its the kind of thing that dawns on you during/after a certain kind of moment/event.

You need to experience it in your own life, you can't just read someone else's account and feel the same thing.

which god?

>tfw i must have pissed god off when i was heaven
>tfw no gf
cmon god lend me a bone m8

While I do believe that one that presents more natural and raw intelligence and also access to information would likely be more skeptical and logic-oriented and thus be more prone to be less religious, to me the real determining aspects of religious belief are:

>Emotions

And

>Upbringing

The emotional aspects has to do with fear, self-love, egotism, self-preservation, and other aspects that is natural in most humans. One always find in the end of religiosity a desire to keep existing, to be reunited with the loved ones, to see the wrong-doings of the world explained and punished. The will to exist is so strong that most people simply can’t accept that they will fade away, or that people that they love will fade away.

The other aspect, upbringing, is simple: we are in ourselves mostly what we have absorbed from our parents and relatives and also our society and our time. That is true for many things, and religion is just one more example.

So I guess that intelligence might be a factor (especially on our time, after the findings of Darwin and of modern physics), but is not the only one, not even the main one.

>tfw when you don't need to pretend an outside ethereal force for good exists and cares about you in order to give your life meaning

>tfw you realize God is real
>but the Self will be annilated upon death
>cannot compartmentalize
>cannot become religious
>have to face the inevitability of death
>each moment is at the threshold of existentialist panic
>stuff like transhumanism is just another way of coping with the inevitability of death, in a way very reminiscent of religion
>you'll never be a cool immortal android
>you'll never "upload" your mind
>you will die
Feelsgoodman.exe

you'll misconstrue what you're actually experience, which is a world embedded in context, not objectively watched from outside.

But you'll be fine, all in all.

tfw god might be real but you've come this far without him and you don't really see a reason to bring him into the fold so it doesn't really matter

Yes, getting high on religion is pretty common

and pretty weird

>atheists will never know this feel

feels good
feels like freedom

Philosophically that doesn't make it "objectively correct", you're basically saying that the questions about it are too hard to answer so you want them to go away. I'm a scientist as well but be a real nigga.

What do you guys think about the fact that people with higher education tends to be less religious than others?

Don´t want to sound like a dick, I´m genuinly curious.

>(((higher education)))

>tfw you realise that beyond the ontological and metaphysical world, there is still another world yet

great post man, keep it up, very impressive post. Great attribution, /thread right here

>tfw too smart for religion

He's right though, regardless of whether it's true or not, basing your beliefs on faith isn't something smart educated people tend to enjoy. Their education biases them away from simplicity.

>when you successfully regurgitate the kingdom of god

>People with higher education

You know you sound like a total dick saying that.

God is not an object, not a thing ('res'), and so cannot be 'real'.

Agreed, the leap of faith is a transcendent and ineffable moment - as ineffable as God himself.

It makes sense. There are more atheists, Marxists, and left-wingers in higher education, because only an educated person sees these are the correct positions to have.

lol, you people just succumbed to fear

Fucking cowards: just admit that you're going to disappear, that you're not that important, and move on

Ok. Just admit that succumbing to fear is not a bad thing since our lives are so meaningless.

Sounds like you're admitting these people are deluding themselves out of a crave for meaning.

Can't speak for everybody but my experience had literally nothing to do with fear.

I don't know why you would assume fear of death to be a great motivation for believing in God anyway. The thought of final judgment before God after death isn't exactly a comforting one.

(Not saying that a belief in God requires a belief in final judgement, btw)

>tfw you took the BLACKED pill

the question that's been bugging me for years is not whether there is a higher power, but if it is, properly speaking, God, and if it's the Abrahamic God at that, and which of the variations it might be

>if it's the Abrahamic God at that, and which of the variations it might be

A lot of people get hung up on this but its really not much of an obstacle.

For instance, different ancient groups had different explanations for things like the sun, wind, dreams, consciousness etc. In every case they were all describing the same thing in different ways.

Have you never entertained the idea that all of these different Gods are just varying explanations of the same being?

well yeah, sometimes I think that's what it is, but a lot of groups have conflicting ideas about what the force behind it all is and does and means

>tfw you realize that going from theism to atheism is a necessary step in truly coming to understand God
>tfw you realize atheism is only a brief intermediary step of maturation so that you can come to faith on your own terms
>tfw you embrace the divine fully without any of the fear, anger, ego, or need for an afterlife that accompanies the false faith of being "born into" a religion
>tfw not even restricted by particular belief systems and embrace the divine in both Western and Eastern religion
>tfw have reached ultimate contentment

This.

If god is real why didnt he create other races on other planets? What creator would stop at one race of living beings, especially one that continues to degenerate

Try to look at this same question from a non-human perspective. Computers, or computer like objects, are always good for these kinds of thought exercises.

Imagine the universe as a computer like object, which has been tasked with generating a line of unique code that self replicates, until it is complex enough to become self aware. This code is represents human life, within the computer-like universe that represents the universe.

Now imagine that it is very hard to come up with the initial set up of the computer like object that, once you turn it on and press go, would create this kind of unique code. This code is so rare and so unlikely to be generated, in fact, that God has set up millions of these computers, each with slightly different circuitry, numbers of switches, etc, until he has enough of them set up to seemingly guarantee that at least one of them will generate this unique self-replicating code (human life) when turned on and set into motion.

This is where it gets relevant to your question. Just like life on earth has a net mass and net energy that is almost infinitely small when compared to the net amount of mass and energy in the universe, this unique code would be made of mere bits of information, which would require amounts of mass and energy that seem almost infinitely small compared to the mass and energy required by the computer-like architecture that produced it. Not to mention the other million or so computers required to ensure that the line of unique code was created in the first place.

So here was have an example of a logically functioning scenario where something that is deemed important takes up an almost infinitely small portion of the greater whole that produced it, which is comparatively much less important. Just like how our race, which we are assuming to be important, takes up an almost infinitely small portion of the universe, which we are assuming to be unimportant.

Underrated post.

I consider myself a deist/Spinozist in a way.

>tfw you realize you are your own god

>55 replies
Jesus wept, Veeky Forums.

There is only one transcending absolute which weaves itself in every fate and that is irony.

Does it occur to anyone that maybe humans are predisposed to be spiritual? That these transcendent moments are just a function of our brains and they happen to keep us happy? Our perception of anything is ultimately all taking place in our head, all the sensations are picked up externally but processed internally. If you can't give any other justification than "I felt it" then I believe that you felt it. I just don't believe you felt something that exists tangibly outside of your head.

>tfw you realize you are god

God is dead sweetie pie

God is a social construct keeping me from away from happy life.

At its psychological root it is a sense of self importance and longing for grandiosity and meaning that fuel spiritual mumbo jumbo.
It betrays an existential despair which has not yet been reconciled and relegated.

A beautiful machination of irony that one of the most portrayed tenants of spirituality is a loss of self-interest or ego when it is the very thing desperately driving it forward in the first place unbeknownst to those who fancy themselves to have some sort of 'greater insight'.

>tfw you realise Socrates was right about everything

pic very related

underrated post

We should create a religion that embraces this egoism, instead of pretending to be humble. What do you say, Veeky Forums?

Its not fear in my case since i believe in God and i also believe im gonna dissapear.

I dont believe in the christian or islamic god though so i dont know if i fit in this thread.

You mean like Stirner or like pic related?

Either way, why reinvent the wheel when we already have options?

I hope all of these posts about finally finding God are true. You guys are giving me hope.

>tfw you finally see that the nice pair of tits are God

>You mean like Stirner or like pic related?

I don't know, we'll have to figure that out. Definitely not Stirner though.

>Either way, why reinvent the wheel when we already have options?

The current options suck ass

>tfw you didn't fall for the "god is real" contrarian meme

Okay, as long as you fruit-loops keep to your containment thread.

Wouldn't want any of you getting drool on a real book now.

>you trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they are chemicals.

But we don't 'trust', we know. We have proofs that tells are how these chemicals processes work, and we can build new knowledge upon the older one.

That's the difference between not being able to advance the state of knowledge of the world for centuries and being able to create drugs to heal illness.

>tfw you realize he wrote the best selling book of all time
>tfw you realize he's the most successful author of all time and space

how do you know?

>tfw you finally take the irrational universe pill and become comfortable in your fumbling, blind, madness

>Being stupid enough to believe in any god

Oh they are real but real in the way of this picture

"I dont trust chemicals to tell me they are chemicals but I trust spirits to tell me Im a spiritual being"

that doesn't say that though

What if the act of faith in God is actually God

pure ideology

>having this little reading comprehension

feels good man

>when you're so scared of reality you manage to meme yourself into the dated beliefs of a bunch of Jewish peasants just to shield yourself

tfw you realize we are survival machines for self replicating molecules and believing in gods or having a higher purpose is just silly

And he is still shit.

Is that even really a question though? If you're not a moron and accept that generally speaking the present configuration for the homo sapiens brain has existed for tens of thousands of years, why in all of good fuck would a deity only reveal itself to its supposedly "most beloved" creation within the last two thousand years? And just wiggling your fingers and saying "hurrr you can't BEGIN to understand GOD'S motives" isn't an answer, it's a cop out

I don't believe in god purposefully so that I will go to hell and receive all the torment I deserve.

>tfw you realize the concept of God can't be fully comprehended by the human mind and any attempt to do it will always lead to something incomplete and over-simplified

dont say stuff like that, like "lend me a bone"
ya never know when God's gonna send ya a gay to grant ya wish

but dude *lights blunt*

you don't know that *puffffff*

>mfw I realise I am God

It's not though.

then how come I can't go to bed?

>we don't trust
>we know

Shower, work out moderately, and go talk to people.

If you don't know how to talk to girls, or feel anxious, there's nothing wrong with that. But then read up on how to talk to people, and study and apply techniques on how to deal with anxiety. You can do it.

Go to places. Hang out with people. If you have a hobby, join a club. Considering where you are, a book or writing club mighy be a good idea. you know any girls already, ask them feedback on your attitude. Don't take what you hear personally.

And if you have any crushes, ask them out (as long as they're single) instead of fantasizing. The worst that you'll usually get is a no.

(Say something like "Hello. I think you're really cool. Wanna go on a date sometime?" Doesn't have to be fancy.)

And if you screw up any of the above, that's okay. Try again tomorrow. Take baby steps.

Because God only helps those that helps themselves.

People have been having spiritual experiences since as long as we know, at least 20,000 years. Every culture has supernatural beliefs. You're too narrow in your conception of God.

>Because God only helps those that helps themselves.
Corrected translation: if you help yourself then you are helped.