Pic related

>pic related

I genuinely want to feel happy for people succeeding academically and in life but I feel a sort of perverse joy when people fail. Why?

Because you aren't competent. You see competent and successful people as a threat.

who is the QT on the left?

I considered that. They're not successful, they fail in things that I've already accomplished. That's what makes it bizarre.

The suffering of others is intrinsically pleasurable. Why do you think people troll? I've done things to people while abroad that would have landed me in prison for life, just because I knew I could get away with them. You would be surprised how many have done similar things.

Schadenfreude.

Look it up, OP.

He actually screwed up the quote. It is supposed to be something along the lines of for every success means someone else failed

I don't feel joy when others fail, but I cannot appreciate the success of others. It makes me envious. On the flip side, it's been a great motivator to improve upon myself.

I believe I am competent, and I hate the undeserved success of those who are less competent than me.

I fantasize constantly about torturing people who get better test scores than me despite studying less.

I want them to suffer so fucking much, but I have no clue how to make it happen without getting caught.

I feel like life would be so much easier if I weren't such a neurotic about this stuff.

>screwed up a vague quote with 100 variations that can't possibly be traced back to a single person

L-like what?

I bet he's a popular person.
Noone should fail, people should succeed but some should succeed more based on their dedication and be rewarded for such

I'm also like this. I'm always amazed at how easy it is for people to be happy for others.
Yeah, you need professional help.

People seem to be misinterpreting my OP, I'm not envious. I believe that I'm in a better spot than most people. When a guy I know screws up an exam my instinctive reaction just happens to be "yeah, you failed, I'm better than you because I've mastered this and you haven't" before I have to correct myself for being an asshole.

When people succeed I know I should be happy for them but there's no reason to be so I feel some sort of bitterness. I sound autistic because I'm just trying to rationalize why my unconscious is a cunt.

You're a sadist
You're an idiot and seem like the incompetent one here, not to mention ignorant.

>I'm always amazed at how easy it is for people to be happy for others.
I think they fake it. It's probably more of a social facade than anything else.

back to /r9k/ nigga

It's because you haven't met the expectation of your own goals and/or the ones your parents set for you so you get joy at seeing others in the same place as you.It makes you feel like less of a failure.

You have feminine demons to exorcise.

A part of you wants to bring people down to your level and below because a part of you is still hungry to be lazy and stay as you are, to lower the bar.

It's pathetic, you need to burn it out of you. It's a form of mental cancer.

Only then can you truly become a better you.

actual mental illness lol

you sound insecure. Feeling happy for other people is not weakness. Neither is helping people who fail. You should want all humans to succeed. Success leads to technological improvement and better quality of life. Like that's just rational thinking

>sees half of her face

OP has a small penis

/thread

It makes you seem better in comparison to them in your head. Studies have found it's most common in people with poor self esteem.

I think you're feeling a relief derived from confirmation that the competition is finished. It's not just that you've done well, but you're in the clear, too.

Lol

These all ring true. I'm not like that consciously, this is just my default reaction. How do I work through something that's my first response and not rational?

I haven't failed in anything major in life yet, although I live in a state of constant urgency and insecurity so there might be something to this.

My penis is above average though.