Travesties of Veeky Forums

Travesties of Veeky Forums

this thread

oh I need to puke

Yes, thats how its making me feel too.

>Classics can be boring
>even with emojis

So they're admitting that their product is a failure?

probably more entertaining than the original

what the fuck

>YOLO juliet

I'm no emoji expert but I'm pretty sure it's saying "even with all the heartbreak"

Theres more.

I think you're trying to hard and have never read Shakespeare

>to
Go away.

>He probably hearts canoodling w/ u!
I chuckled

I mean, it's not made for existential 20 something who wanna kill themseleves. It's made for early teen girls, and makes the matieral accessible, so maybe in 10 years we will have harvested a batch of Veeky Forums cuties. 4d checkers baby.

>Shakespeare
>Devoid of any wordplay or wit

I am genuinely outraged.

>Pride and Prejudice
>Elizabeth is a Mail-order bride

Christ in heaven. I work at a bookstore and we stock these monstrosities. The Metamorphosis has a picture of Jeff Goldblum because of The Fly I guess, Dubliners has the cast of Reservoir Dogs and the blurb "Stuck in the Liffey with you"...it's fucking embarrassing. Haven't seen the Dorian Gray one though.

>Tolkien Fan
>Half the book covers are movie stills
Lean on me brother, and we shall soldier on past the attempts to make the classics 'presentable' to the masses

I'm not longer allowed at Barnes and Noble because I knocked this shit over.

>Veeky Forums's punching below its weight again
Shocking.

>Wanting to shop at an overpriced corporate retailer
>~$15 for a copy of Don Quixote
>Written 400 years ago

It's like the opposite of torrenting/piracy.
Honestly, you're better off without them. I've almost never had a pleasant experience there.

Also, their music section sucks.

i read this as transvestites of Veeky Forums
needless to say, i was confused.
oh silly me.

Constance Garnett translations

It needed to be cut down t b h

literally everyone in an english speaking country has read and studied shakespeare

"He probably CANOODLING w/ u!"
What did he mean by this?

I am mad

haahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is ridiculous.

It's not even an art form.

For christ sake, just read the cliff notes if you don't want to read the real thing.

Isn't this thread the equivalent of making fun of a handicapped child?

this makes me RAGE

Yeah. The handicapped kid in God Bless America.

the goose

is that his nickname? do people call him that? that's fantastic!

> there's no cost in the paper it's printed on, the distribution of it, and the time it sits on shelves not being sold

$15 is ridiculous but fucking come on now, you can't expect it for free in a store. If you want it free, download the PDF and print it off yourself.

Also big stores usually have their own translation, if they're stocking their own brand

Keehhhhgkkkkk

Each emoji is taking the place of a word. Probably love, heartbreak, laughter, and death. So, "drama"

I didn't know 50s pulp was still a marketable aesthetic. I mean, I like it (if I hate the writing), but I didn't know that there was still a market for it. Is it just a phase, or is it still a thing?

underrated

This hurts to read

stay delusional

Kill Burn Kill Burn Kill GORE die?

>#NoFilter
kek

Agreed

...what?

welp, what the fuck is it with those mommies who think it's a good thing to rewrite classics as if they could improve them
'variation' my ass

Then what is it? There's nothing else it could be(that'd in be willing to believe)! It's just a marketing scheme so teachers assign a super retarded version of a classic to lazy readers? My point still stands. It's just marketing to teenagers? My point still stands. Tell me.

It's a bad argument to assume people are inclined to advance from easy content to difficult content.

How fucking retarded are you?

Ok, I mean I guess it's kind of an abomination to capitalize on these works.
Then how do we get kids into higher level matieral? I don't think most highschool kids can really read Shakespeare and understand it the first time through.

The fuckers who made this should go kill themselves.

If my professors had the ability to properly contextualize their lessons, I would have been better off. Kids and adults alike will only face challenging material if they know exactly why they are facing it and what they can get out of it.

The goal is understanding, and the method is powerful rhetoric / dialectic.

That's literally a flagrant misuse of the word literally.

lol did is the demonstration that god is dead

and now you're gonna remind me of that shitty movie

I liked it

i didn't read as a kid ( well, not exactly, but mostly). i started as an adolescent

wtf???!!!

well, you're a pleb who thinks is edgy and smart :^)

D:

>macbeth #killingit

JESUS YOU WEREN'T FUCKING KIDDING

>Othello
>MR T

I don't see a problem with the emoji versions. I'd probably enjoy them because I could read them easily without getting stuck in 300 year old puns that no longer make sense.

this is good

Run for your life senpai, cause if I catch you you're dead.

>Nothing is slang for vagina
>You have to go read some obscure footnote to know this
Yeah right. If I wanted a mze of footnotes I'd go read DFW

There's literally nothing with this and it is a mark of an advanced civilization to translate older works into the modern vernacular. Where is our Dante who is willing to write the next great epic in text speech?

fucking kek

i agree with the other user this is much better than the original anyways so who cares

If you hate this you sure as fuck better hate the "translations" you read as a kid, too.

I've got that Frankenstein. I think those covers are actually pretty great, knowingly trashy like old movie posters

kekekekekekek

HOLY SHIT

These are fucking hilarious

Especially since its the only thing hes got going for him

Fucking hell this is bad.