Be addicted to social media

>be addicted to social media
>try picking up a book
>2 pages in
>urge to check my phone hits
>spend the rest of the night on my phone

How do I win this game?
I've only recently started reading books and so far I've read about 30 books, and it takes me forever to read because I get distracted.

Stop getting distracted.

Thanks Varg.

Accept the fact that you're an idiot and will forever be an idiot, unless you grow disgusted enough of being an idiot to overcome your own retardation and turn off your fucking phone.

Get one of those apps that block your phone for a set amount of time.

Turn off your phone and put it in another room while you read. Start by reading for only 20 minutes a day and work up from there.

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Veeky Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

You're too used to having a phone. Being a modern phone/internet user re-wires your thinking to do short reading bursts/scanning for information, instead of leisurely reading. I grew up reading and when I spend a block of time on the internet, I can't immediately jump back into reading. I have to transition. So practice not relying on your phone. Leave it at home and take a walk, etc.

It's too late for a frogposting /pol/tard like yourself.

Deactivate all your social media accounts

whats wrong with pol??

Torpedo your life to such an extent that you can't use social media without feeling the weight of your own failures, you'll soon kick the habit.

Start reading books you actually like instead of what Veeky Forums or anyone says.

If it's like a work for you it won't do any good at all whether you read a book or not. If that is the case you can stop wasting your time and return to your phone with peace of mind.

When you get the urge to pick up your phone while reading, just keep on reading and suppress that urge.

If you can't do that you're a retard and nothing can help you.

sauce plz. Google search does nothing

>if physical exercise feels like work for you it won't do you any good

Same thing with books. Try to read a bit more in every session. Make reading a habit and it will get easier. Reading doesn't have to be fun every time.

Toushiro Atsumi, drawn by Fukumaaya

literally what is the appeal of social media, any normies here care to explain?

How interesting can your friends day-to-day lives be? How important is it that you know exactly what they have to say the moment they say it?
Realize you aren't missing out on anything important by not looking at your phone for a couple hours.
95% is probably stale normie memes anyways.

kill your social life

this is copy pasted i swear i've seen it b4

u can chat with cute girls that are into anime on facebook. u can invite then to ur place to watch anime. they will agree because a text message is the least beta way to ask her out (unless u talk irl) - a call means ur creepy, a letter even more so.

What if I can't stop lurking Veeky Forums? Is the only thing that takes my time and its killing me.

It's like Veeky Forums but not anonymous. So more posts about what a good and cool person you are and less about which anime girl you would fuck in the armpit.

thanks

/polit/ when?

is this moon-faced hipster internet famous already? good. she shoulda read more kneechee.

turn your fone off you dumb ape. take the battery out if you have to. it sounds like you want to be reading for a purpose. make it happen. social media is a wasteland anyway, why do you want to hear what morons have to say.