What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Your father didn't pull out.

Same thing that happened to Blockbuster. They thought people would rather leave the house, drive to a physical store, pay out the ass for a product, and then leave. Then they realized people would rather buy things in their pajama's, in the comfort of their home, for less money, and receive a digital product instantly.

Borders closed.

You have to be at least 18 years old to post here, kid.

Trump

I'm sorry, but what are you implying?

I was referring to the bookstore. Still think he is great.

You know they have an online store, right?

with the same prices

Amazon™ helps local stores, you don't have to interact with people, it's easier to find what you want, and it's much cheaper. B&N™'s only hope are the hipsters®, thus they'll have Starbucks™ and other shit in their.

expensive
shit selection
no used books
no free two day delivery

>hipsters
>implying they don't go to their local bookstores instead of corporate chain ones

So you've never visited bn.com?

You mean prices that are almost always the same as Amazon?

Now they do, but for a while Amazon was surging ahead of Barnes and Noble. B&N might have never bothered making the Nook until Amazon made their Kindle.

Well that would be a compelling argument if I shopped there. Their used book subsidiaries are excellent though.

Then stop

>one week standard shipping is $4
>five day expedited shipping is $15

hipsters® do go to chains. Helping out the local stores is too icky; it's like going to the ghetto.

But of course, if you're a member, you get free two-day shipping, which is similar to Amazon with its membership deals.

STOP. THIS THREAD

IS

A

COMMERCIAL

You can get free shipping past a certain price tho.

This is true. Tho not as consistent a rule as that, B&N does shower its customers, members or otherwise, with coupons and discounts (which sometimes includes free shipping).

Nothing, except for the stupid fancy covered hardback classics. Oh and Amazon.

Why was Borders so much better than B&N? B&N feels super cheesy when I go in there, but Borders was incredibly comfy.

I actually bought a bookcase from the Borders in my town, since I knew I'd miss it. Sad day.

You've convinced me. I am now a B&N member. Enjoy your commission, you cunt.

>digital books

I like B&N, except for when the cashier sees I am buying a book by an author she recognizes and she starts talking about how much she loves the author's most popular book. It is so predictable that I am starting to suspect it is a weird sales tactic. It never happens in smaller, independent bookstores.

You don't honestly think I'm a paid B&N employee, do you?

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Believe that I'm a person who just really loves a bookstore chain enough to defend it on an online forum.

God.

Waterstones turned it around and managed to make a profit last year.

Waterstones is pretty crummy though. I've worked at a few and you'd be forgiven for realising it's even a book shop sometimes. I genuinely never heard any employees discuss books that weren't part of the Waterstones selected books.

I said the same thing on Leddit the other day but they're basically the GAME equivalent of bookshops. Putting on events for the release of the latest Harold Potter novel is no different to midnight releases of CoD or FIFA.

you sir, just got double fucked by