>protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PuoHZ80ZtFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You.

this tbqhf*m

La féroce ignorance de Yahvé

You're just stupid.

Noam Chomsky when he does things besides linguistics.

Zizek of course

Someone post the video of the kid who tried to disrupt his lecture when Lacan just lets him talk

I don't know if comedians learnt that from Lacan or vice versa, but it's gold

this. i vaguely remember him trying to talk about chemistry and just about everything he said was far from academic
i disagree

You don't know what you're talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=PuoHZ80ZtFw
This is the main reason for being situationist today.

this
Zizek is not even smart imo

>Napoleon, who was a psychologist when he wished to be so, had noticed that the transition from tragedy to comedy is effected simply by sitting down. In the Journal inédit of Baron Gouraud - when speaking of an interview with the Queen of Prussia after the battle of Iéna - he expresses himself in the following terms : “She recieved me in tragic fashion like Chimène : Justice! Sire, Justice! Magdeburg! Thus she continued in a way most embarrassing to me. Finally, to make her change her style, I requested her to take a seat. This is the best method for cutting short a tragic scene, for as soon as you are seated it all becomes comedy.”

if newborn babies could speak, they would ask not to be fed spoonfuls of pseud

>omg all this crazy eastern european doee is make jokes about coffee and then blathers about ideology hes so stupid lol

Has done 10+ movies and written like 70 books (which I'm sure you've read all of to formulate your crituque)
>not even smart

Deleuze

Derrida

Are we noticing a pattern yet?

They all start with D.

DAWKINS

It's not that Lacan doesn't have any valuable or interesting ideas, he's just a terrible communicator. His lectures are a rambling mess and his prose is needlessly dense. Same goes for Derrida and to a lesser extent, Deleuze. Foucault said that the problem was the French approach to writing - if one does not write in a difficult style then one is regarded as stupid. (I think, more accurately, that he said something along the lines of "10% of what one writes must be mysticism".)

That's great.

harris

this guy is hot

You're good at repeating

Derrida is incontrovertibly the biggest pseud of all time

I wonder how many people who say Derrida have actual read him (hopefully with some basic knowledge of Heidegger, Husserl and Hegel)

What the fuck was that guy talking about?

Theory of alienation, and theory of spectacle.
Situationist stuff, pretty much more better movement than Lacans, but did not have its Zizek, so went into obscurity.

Derrida

Nah, wouldn't really say so. it's seeing it's revival. I know quite a few people who are literally cumming over situationism at my uni.

One of my friends recommended Deleuze to me. I tried so hard to decipher his books, but no, just what the fuck was he on about? I thought was stupid because I could not read his stuff.

*totally a real quote fedora men BTFO

That's a comfy story.

It relates to a bit

Maybe it will have revival soon, as even I am slowly becoming into it, but I am just saying it lacks modern major rockstar-like figure.

>it lacks modern major rockstar-like figure
>it lacks spectacle

Don't read his Guattarised books, the ones he wrote alone are superior and in any case anti Oedipus was just a provocation made to challenge Lacan to formulate a full drive theory as he later did