Normie Misconceptions

>normies actually think there are lab chemicals that will eat straight through your hand in seconds
>The few that actually will they've never heard of

>Normie think "cancer" is one disease and not an umbrella term for hundreds of diseases with the only thing in common being metastatic cell growth and don't realize saying "cure for cancer" is as absurd as saying "cure for all viral diseases"

Other urls found in this thread:

cmog.org/article/does-glass-flow
physics.emory.edu/faculty/weeks//lab/glass/
source.wustl.edu/2017/07/glass-transition-caught-act/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ClF3 is the only brick-burning chemical we know of.

>implying euthanasia isn't the cure to all cancers and diseases

> that theres an undiscovered gay/trans/mental illness gene, and then asking "whats the evolutionary advanta-" etc

> that cancer incidence and spread is due solely to genetics + DNA damage + chance, instead of genetics + DNA damage + pre existing tissue climate

> highschool textbooks: that every cell in a single human body has the exact same DNA, when humans are technically mosaics with minor genetic differences in different portions of the body and the brain, with that non-uniformity mounting as one ages

> that biology is equal in nature and predictive power to physics, so that the same stimulus on a body will always yield a similar output

> (from Mercola --> Veeky Forums --> mainstream normans): that carbohydrates are the boogeyman, and you should drink 8 glasses of water a day

> that if somebody studies STEM, that means they are intelligent

> believing 'X is a social construct'
implies 'X is a non empirical concept'

> that quantum uncertainty proves free will

> that Rick and Morty is good

>that math was discovered not invented

>I know how to green text
Damn normies amirite guize.

>>normies actually think there are lab chemicals that will eat straight through your hand in seconds
>The few that actually will
Wait, what? So you're making fun of normies for believing in something that you're then saying one line later is true?

normie detected

Some concepts are non empirical and I like Rick and Morty.

I get it, you're distinguishing yourself from normies because you're *below* average intelligence and can't understand how to make consistent statements about reality.

Things autists say:
>Rick and Morty is bad

That show isn't really about science which you autists all get tangled up in. There's a deeper meaning--partly about character development around a seemingly nihilistic, humorously blunt, eccentric, depressed, and drunk old man.

It also puts many social situations into perspective, and adequately depicts many absurd traits found in human and particularly teen culture.

>That show isn't really about science
^This, Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland clearly don't care about science at all, I don't know why everyone on Veeky Forums is under the impression Rick and Morty is the cartoon version of Big Bang Theory or something where they're trying to be a smart show with science references for wannabe nerds when the "science" they actually reference is always just lazy justification for introducing fantastical plots.

>that biology is equal in nature and predictive power to physics, so that the same stimulus on a body will always yield a similar output
LOOK WHEN I HIT MY KNEE MY LEG STRAIGHTENS BIOLOGY CONFIRMED HARD SCIENCE

>GMOs are somehow different from regular food in any meaningful way
>Evolution means survival of the strongest/fastest/smartest
>If you put a cat in a box it is both alive and dead
>Theory means guess

>IQ is a definite and unchangeable measure of intelligence
>all our emotions, sensations and beliefs are controlled by chemicals in our brain
>depression is a single illness and totally not an umbrella term for lots of different mental disturbances in different stages which exhibit the same psychological state

>emotions and thoughts having a physical root somehow makes them invalid
>morality is subjective
>everything is subjective

>IQ is a definite and unchangeable measure of intelligence
That's what IQ is supposed to be like when the tests assessing it are doing their job properly. It was only considered useful in the first place because of the premise that it would be stable over a lifetime. It's more normie to believe you're supposed to be able to change it because normies can't accept hopelessness as a real possibility.

It's both. The "rules of the game" are invented, the >implications of those rules are discovered.

how you nigs miss teh biggest 1 of all time?
that glass noticeably sags as it gets older

also normies fail to realize driving is the most dangerous thing most people do every day, and that when shit goes wrong, it will happen fast, and your survival can be completely out of your hands

How is this the biggest misconception? Yes it's wrong but it's understandable, glass DOES flow, albeit far too slowly to notice after just a few hundred years, and medieval windowmakers put the thick part of the glass at the bottom consistently, giving the impression that it had flowed.

It's a measure of a type of intelligence, "g" or general / problem-solving intelligence. It is in fact pretty stable, after you reach full maturity your IQ declines very slowly until death but a measurement at age 25 should be nearly the same as a measure at age 60, assuming it is an actual measure and not an online multiple choice shitshow.

It's not so much that everything IS subjective as that we are forever contained within our own subjectivity, and so cannot ever hope to determine whether or not it is the fact that everything actually is subjective.

I put my cat in a box and he was dead/alive. Checkmate, atheists!

>glass DOES flow

Nope.

cmog.org/article/does-glass-flow

Poises, an' shit...

We donno yet
>"We find that particles have to cooperate to move: if one particle can move a little ways, then one of its neighboring particles can move into the space left behind by the first particle; and then perhaps a third particle can follow the second particle, and so on. The more glass-like the sample is, the more particles cooperate at the same time. However, it takes longer and longer times before we see one of these cooperative events. Thus, it is possible that when all of the particles have to cooperate in order for any of them to move, you have a glass. Perhaps the time between cooperative rearrangements diverges, as well as the number of particles needed to cooperate, and it is the divergence of these two dyanamical quantities that distinguishes a glass from a liquid. Our data isn't inconsistent with this hypothesis -- which is a weasly scientist way of saying we have no idea if this really happens, but it's an intriguing idea that could be possible, so I mention it here on this web page. At least, the possibility is one reason why I find this interesting."
physics.emory.edu/faculty/weeks//lab/glass/

didnt read all of this one but it's prob informing lel
source.wustl.edu/2017/07/glass-transition-caught-act/

I dont care if the science is accurate or not, it is just not as funny as people say it is and is complete normie tier cartoon .

There is no such thing as subjectivity because an objective truth does exist.
Subjectivity implies it's not possible to be wrong, but it is. It doesn't matter if "we are forever contained within our own subjectivity" because the objective reality exists and you can still be wrong. No one having the right answer doesn't mean they stop having wrong answers.

>be maths student
>"You're just like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory!"
Th-Thanks mom

Dum makiposter

>>all our emotions, sensations and beliefs are controlled by chemicals in our brain
What are they controlled by?

>it's too mainstream
You know being hipster is now mainstream?
What you gonna do now?

After coming in from /tv/ I feel like I should thank you for actually discussing the show rationally.

All of this sounds like conjecture you could come up with in a night on Wikipedia. Your claims are rather outlandish.

>There is no such thing as subjectivity because an objective truth does exist.

>1
Prove an objective reality exists. I'll wait.
>2
Even if you could prove that (and you can't), that still doesn't mean subjectivity doesn't exist. Subjective just means "from your point of view", are you telling me you don't experience anything? Are you an automaton, or a philosophical zombie?

>Subjectivity implies it's not possible to be wrong

No, it doesn't. It just means you can never know with full 100% certainty whether you are right or wrong.

God, obviously.

>trying to discuss tv and film on /tv/

Top kek, you'll be telling me you tried to talk about videogames on /v/ next!

>High school textbook
But why? Is it just commonly misread or is it mistaught?

>STEM = intelligent
You can't be this stupid

>/tv/ talks about things other than RLM, Chris Nolan, and little girls now
Damn, have I really been gone that long?

>people who believe a blanket aspect about GMOs are silly
>I assert this by making an equally silly blanket statement about GMOs
neck yourself, pseud

/tv/ is for talking about politics

Sorry I suck at biology, thank you.

Jfc I was wondering what you meant and went over to /tv/

Many talk like Rick is a real person or idol, and others are stuck on the "achtwallyy" part discussed earlier

op you are one brain washed faggot.

>I don't believe in God, but I do believe in karma
-Basic white bitch
Actual thing said to me in real life.

Morality is subjective though

Well glass is a liquid, everybody kmows that

watch yourself, respond to me like that again and YOU will be a liquid, namely a dispersing group of aerosolized post-human particles

You realize that biology is more than just anatomy and medical shit right?

The normie perception is that common concentrated acids like sulfuric, nitric, etc. will fizz a hole through your hand on contact when really it would have to be submerged in the shit for hours. Not even HF will do that; it will quicker than the rest, but you'll be long dead before you see that if you spill that much HF on yourself.

Yes, there is stuff like flouroantimonic acid, Caro's acid, chlorosulfuric, O2F2, etc. But that stuff is rare with niche uses.

>Morality is subjective though
nope. it comes from god

>Exoplanets within the Goldilocks zone are rare.
>Exoplanets with liquid water on the surface are rare and super unique.
>Red Dwarfs are GoOD Stars.

Literally no one thinks that

Can you guys redpill me on carbohydrates?

How can i find out my IQ... im a poorfag in Ontario Canada.

>morality is objective

prove it yourself

/tv/ is quite possibly THE most autistic biard on Veeky Forums, more so even than /v/. I'm not sire what it is about tv and film that attracts autistic retards but fuck do they love their incredibly tired memes and endless threads about garbage """programs""" like Pickle & Morty and Game of Cucks.

If it did, it would STILL be subjective, you dope.

Eh, maybe try contacting your local University psych department, see if they have any grad students looking to practice administering IQ tests. Otherwise, you'll have to pay someone.

It WAS funny as all fuck but this season while not always awful has been a regrettable downturn on the whole. Pickle-rick was like an episode of superjail.

Long story short: it's sugar.

So the whole "God give us free will" is bullshit...

It's the other way around, mate. Beliefs and emotions in the form of synapses control the chemicals in the brain. Adding more chemicals will only drug you up and not actually change your beliefs or something.

It really isn't, m8. You can easily find studies cmproving how IQ changes over time or how it changes depending on long-term conditions (childhood, socioeconomic status, etc) or short-term conditions (time of the day, emotional state).

Normie brainlet spotted.

This. Hormones and neurotransmitters are just symbols through which our neural system represents and communicates emotions. If you pump a neurotransmitter into your system, you just interferes with this system of communication and make your neurons believe your internal state is something different from what it actually is. A simplistic analogy would be that neurons are constantly sending out "happy" or "sad" words into your bloodstream based on their internal state, and drugs just indiscriminately pump in "happy" words into your system and fuck up the communication between neurons.

>>"You're just like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory!"

more useless trolling clutter

Life is worth living

>Uhh actually sweetheart, it's a PHYSICAL law. Action creates reaction, it was discovered by some dude with apple or something, stupid.

SEETHING

> (from Mercola --> Veeky Forums --> mainstream normans): that carbohydrates are the boogeyman, and you should drink 8 glasses of water a day

I drink 8 glasses of water a day with barley + hops

Context ?

>that there's a meaningful difference between invention and discovery

>>everything is subjective
As far as human experience is concerned, it is.

except for a couple of retards, no. the vast majority on fit defend carbohydrates, and never even mentions the 8 glasses rule.

The only carbohydrates Veeky Forums hates is white bread.

someone trying to justify gay mirages

>we shouldn't improve our genes and make designerbabys

Yeah it does all that shit and it's bad at it