The Nobel Prize

I'll get it this year, you just watch...

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2014/sep/13/haruki-murakami-interview-colorless-tsukur-tazaki-and-his-years-of-pilgrimage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_in_Literature#Nobel_laureates_by_country
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Heh, nothing personnel, (Kenosha) kid.

what are his essentials?

Kafka on the Shore
Norwegian Wood
Wind-Up Bird Chronicles (I disagree)
A Wild Sheep Chase
1Q84 (many here would disagree)

In that order.

I wonder what Asians did to upset every single prize awarding organization.

My money is on Morrissey this year. Already a Penguin Classic.

Hai. Thanks.

Morrissey deserves it far more than Bob Dylan to be honest.

>1Q84
One of the few books (well, three) that I've read by Murakami.
I dont know how I feel about the fact that they make no fucking sense. He recognised this himself and said that it's on purpose..

>He recognised this himself and said that it's on purpose..
Do you have source on that? Because I think not only everything makes sense in his books, but many things can also be interpented in lots of ways, only because his style is that magical and vague.

>Being this wrong
... how?

>everything makes sense in his books
I dont know about that.
In the colorless one everything is supposed to make sense? In 1q84, where the end is abrupt and doesnt clarify anything?
take a look at this for example:
theguardian.com/books/2014/sep/13/haruki-murakami-interview-colorless-tsukur-tazaki-and-his-years-of-pilgrimage
what he calls 'misteries' means: I dont give a fuck about making sense.

I also read somewhere that his books are 'dreams' and that they dont need to have a meaning, they just are what they are. And in that link you can just look at his answers, its right there: misteries.
Of course
>things can also be interpented in lots of ways
,because the writer didnt give them a meaning!
we could be talking about life instead of Murakami: it doesn't make sense, I will give it a meaning myself..

Does one need to read the rest of the rat trilogy in order to read sheep chase?

joseph mcelroy deserves it

Knausgaard will get it.
Ending, finally, irony. Once and for all

If a Norwegian is going to get it, it will probably be Jon Fosse or Kjell Askildsen. Knausgård is too young, too popular and not PC enough. And he also said he'd an hero if he got it.

No just stick to A Wild Sheep Chase and Dance Dance Dance. Personally I find Dance Dance Dance to be on par with the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

>And he also said he'd an hero if he got it.
Maybe the Nobel committee will do it for the lulz.

I want it to be Ayn Rand for obvious reasons.

Double digits confirm.

Gotta be alive to win the Nobel.

Reminder

Jesus christ tao lin got old quick

I guess that's what a life of cigarettes and memes and tranny fucking will do to you

it doesn't even matter who wins at this point

>Netherlands

Really?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_in_Literature#Nobel_laureates_by_country

Yup

How many dutch writers can you name without google?

None, sadly. But I'n not uber/lit/ician.

Wrong wrong wrong. Murakami can write two books, those two books are Hard Boiled Wonderland at the End of the World and Norwegian Wood. Literally every other book he writes is a combination of these two. If you want to see the critical combination read either Kaftka on the Shore (better choice) or Wind-up Bird Chronicle (but like it's just my opinion). The only other book of his that doesn't fall on this spectrum is A Wild Sheep Chase, which I'd recommend on it's hilarity though it's definitely clear the same writer wrote Norwegian Wood.

1Q84 is fucking shit.

A lot, but I'm Dutch, so that doesn't count

if I hated Hard Boiled Wonderland will I hate everything on the spectrum? seriously it was fucking awful.

I wouldn't put it past them to give out a charity/affirmative action award seeing how everything is right now.