Biobros, get me interested in botany please?

My grandfather loved it, so I want to too.
Thanks for any help.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304423806003232
nature.com/articles/srep40858
actahort.org/books/440/440_6.htm
nature.com/articles/hortres20148
academic.oup.com/jxb/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/jxb/erv502
telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/6041241/Rat-eating-plant-discovered-in-Philippines.html
plantsinaction.science.uq.edu.au/edition1/
plantsinaction.science.uq.edu.au/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hi, a plantfag here. best way to just go look at plants and get curious about it. why is there a leaf? what is the yellow stuff in the flowers? what is that plant? if you don't have that kind of curiosity then botany isnt right for you.

hi plantfag, fellow plantfag here
I like plants because flowers remind me of vaginas.

I like vaginas.

im gay but i understand your viewpoint. here's a plant with vagina like leaves for u.

that's a nice vagina-plant, friend.

I'd post a cactus for ya, but you can go look at them yourself: google.com/images/gay-cactuses

Botany is more fun under a microscope.

Just because you are incel doesn't mean you are gay.

Pretend you're a researcher working for Umbrella to studying the effects of healing herbs as well as ways to utilize plants as bioweapons. It worked for me.

just read a book on botany. it will probably cover 80% of it

its fun to learn but desu i found it boring and only marginally rewarding
>hey look a very specific plant!
is pretty much all you get from botany, and it's hardly useful beyond that

Not a plant bro (yet), but here is some general advice that works for meme.
Connect it to something you already like. You will start noticing parallels, which is a really engaging feeling, at least to me.

I'm not an incel sweetie.

Basic botany knowledge could save your life someday.

how so?

Start with horticulture. Try growing some fruits and vegetables that you like with high yield and minimal biotic/abiotic stresses and without mindlessly following some gardener broscience video or blog entry. It's a lot harder than you think and definitely requires digging into the more theoretical side of things.

Horticulture is pseduoscience. I wish there were actually quantitative fields related to plants.

Why? Because it hurts your fee fees?

yes because i like plants a lot and current fields are horseshit. i intend to create quantitative fields to change this bullshit.

Is this bait? Megalomania doesn't make your claim any less vacuous or valid.

Apocalypse probably.

Here's some random papers:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304423806003232
nature.com/articles/srep40858
actahort.org/books/440/440_6.htm
nature.com/articles/hortres20148
academic.oup.com/jxb/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/jxb/erv502

Where's the pseudoscience? I don't see it.

I want to put my dick in this.

Wouldn't recommend that, man.

telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/6041241/Rat-eating-plant-discovered-in-Philippines.html

I'd think you would be fine if you gave it the quick in and out. That fluid's probably not very acidic, id' bet it would take hours to do any permanent damage.

That's true.

Absolutely Haram.

>get me interested in bio
get rid of that gay ass plant/animal shit and get into molecular bio, or any of its subsets like immunology/genetics

DOOD WEED LMAO :D
Unironically this. Its your only hope as a biolololologist.

>t. the guy taking "physical science" instead of chemistry/biology for his associates in arts specializing in furry rectum digitizing

>yfw the guy growing weed in him basement is more knowledgeable in this field than most undergrads/theory plebs

What are some good books on horticulture and plant growing? I'm just a guy that likes growing plants in his room and I want to know what they like so that the growth can be optimal. So far I've read Growing Healthy Houseplants which was... disappointing and now I'm going through Botany for Gardeners.

Too broad and advancing of a topic to find anything good IMO but

Arteca Introduction to Horticultural Science

and

Schulze Beck Muller-Hohenstein Plant Ecology and Lange Nobel Osmond Ziegler Physiological Plant Ecology I-IV
Runkle Fisher Lighting Up Profits
Marschner Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants
Mehrotra Plant Pathology

are ok despite already being somewhat outdated.

plantsinaction.science.uq.edu.au/edition1/
plantsinaction.science.uq.edu.au/

is a freebie. Better to jump in the peer-reviewed lit on whatever it is that you're interested in growing or homologous plants and then recurse backwards into references when you don’t understand the details.