Simple question

Why STEM majors can't write high literature?
Genre Fiction is their limit.

Solzhenitsyn majored in physics

USSR is completely other issue because it's was practically impossible to study humanities for common people there. I know about Solzhenitsyn and Platonov, Dugin and Sorokin.

Dostoevsky was an engineer in college, but he was more or less forced into that field by his father. His heart was always in literature.

Although, as of late some great literary works have been put out by some authors who were originally in the STEM fields such as: 'The Martian' by Andy Weir, and 'Free Will' by Sam Harris.

:)....

;)

Write high literature? They can't even read high literature.

Pynchon went into engineering before English

>why is it that people who don't have an education/career that focuses on [thing] are less likely to be good at [thing]
hmmm

You fucked that up, stembabby

Fucked what up? I'm just stating common sense.

By putting [thing] twice, you're implying it's the same thing. Different things would be [thing] and [other thing] or something along those lines.

Don't feel too bad though, I wouldn't expect someone who fell for the STEM meme to understand the finer intricacies of language.

[[[[cannot tell if total idiot or next-level irony]]]]

readi t again retard. he was right. you literally are so possessed by your own point of view that your mind warped that sentence to fit your narrative

And he worked for awhile as a technical journalist.

It's ok STEMbabbies, I'm sure you're making lots of money. Grasping the basic fundamentals of the human language would probably only get in the way of your pursuits.

>By putting [thing] twice, you're implying it's the same thing.
Yes, I am. Maybe you try thinking before you embarrass yourself user.

As an engineer working in semi-conductors I've come to find that my fellow engineers and the programmers that work with us are completely devoid of imagination. Their sole purpose is to be a shitty computer. They learn things and then sit around until they're told how to do it and when. God forbid a process isn't 100% complete because production is officially over until me or the director provide instructions on how to proceed.

I always thought I was an unimaginative piece of shit, but I always assumed it was just from years of drinking and staying up late. These people take it to another level while being devoid of personality. If they'd had any creativity while growing up they would not have chosen to be engineers. /rant

I've met some people like this too. I can't tell sometimes whether they are actually low creativity, or if they are just too chicken-shit (or too lazy?) to try anything slightly risky or outside their experience. Not sure which is more frustrating.

"Literary" is itself a genre

you're stating the exact same variable are different numbers, or in this case studies.

bump

>tfw STEM major who is into romanticism

STEM person here. I find the use of the same variable meant to represent two different variables very upsetting. I'm going to bed.

They represent the exact same thing. Read that sentence until you get it, you absoute dunces.

>ctrl+f 'McElroy'
>0 results found
g00k pls nuke Veeky Forums

He studied English

Chekov was a doctor

It's not STEM

>

No you're right, surgery is a creative process, no rules to follow, just YOLO it up and see what happens.

dang doodly

There're lot of subjects where there're a lot of rules but it's not STEM.
Economics, for example.
There is important difference between being the doctor and being the STEM major: work with humans.

bump

bumps

Checked

I dont get it. Why should they?

How many philosophy and english majors build spaceships and split the atom?

how many stem majors build spaceships and split the atom?

>not reading entirely technical and instruction manuals

I don't have time for your shitty fairy tales and masturbatory philosophies.