So, brainlets?

So, brainlets?

A or D?

Why would it ever be D?

one two three
one two three
two three four

Also, at every step from left to right you need to add a red square.

Brainlet detected

>a brainlet bait thread attracted an actual brainlet
laughingindependentwomyn.tiff

Well it seems like a and d could be correct answers. Like what said, it could be adding 1 tile on each step. But it could also be the shifting of a 3 tile diagnol piece across the board. Both answers are correct, technically, or im just being a goddamn brainlet.

Dunno, D makes sense numericaly
But A accounts for the pattern movement.

>there actually are this many brainlets on Veeky Forums right now
So many threads suddenly make sense.

OP should post the correct answer.

Ok mister smarty-pants, tell us brainlets the ultimate correct answer..

It's obviously D.

Even after reading the explanation: you still don't get it?
Brainlets...

How do you all know that we're adding squares rather than the matrix revealing/hiding them as it moves left to right?

Nothing in the matrix suggests that we're looking at 3 dimensional dice. The surfaces are therefore to be considered 2D.

This means that if there were 3 red squares from the beginning, in every frame we should see 3 red squares, just arranged differently, as if they were a red snake "coiled" around the surface.

Instead, we see one two three, one two three, then two three and...? Four. This also keeps the consistency whether you count left to right or top to bottom:

>one two three
>one two three
>two three four

You need to add a red square at every frame. So the answer is D.

I never said that the matrix should be viewed as a dice or in 3D. Arranging the squares "differently" doesn't follow from any deliberate structure or reasoning.

A

You're a moron. Other than a numerical coincidence, it doesn't fit the pattern at all, since the resulting cross is inconsistent with the way squares were "added" before. It's clearly a horizontal shift of 3 squares across the block.

(What's with the progressive matrices threads lately? By the way, you faggots do know that your score is invalidated if you're taught the rule that forms the pattern, right?)

It's not a cross, it's a red snake coiled around the surface.
>brainlets can't even understand something so obvious

>another brainlet joins the fray

>he doesn't see the red snek
Sometimes I feel sorry for you brainlets. I wonder how the world must appear to someone with sub 170 IQ. (Sub 110, in your case.)

it's C you retards

Figured this out in a couple seconds.
These puzzle tests are such a bullshit indicator of intelligence. I could have easily not figured it out in a couple of seconds also.

its C

kek

please tell me this is bait

they really are, for the reason you listed and also because many of them have more than one pattern.

h

:)

>(What's with the progressive matrices threads lately? By the way, you faggots do know that your score is invalidated if you're taught the rule that forms the pattern, right?)
So what you're saying is that the metric of IQ is determined environmentally, because I can prepare my children for it?

If it's not C, it'll tingle my autism.

How do you even come up with that shit.
It's like when you get the question how much 1 + 1 and you end up integrating complex numbers in vector space

obviously A, dont listen to what brainlets say.

autismo maximus. It might be A but C seems more logical bc you go from right to left as in the first row.

then how come it isnt just the first four squares colored red? by that logic

D breaches the pattern where a red square will only move by one space. So yeah but nah.

>a cube with 9 faces
spotted the brainlet.

no you retard. It means that the test loses accuracy if you study for it. To make a correct measurement you must go unprepared to these tests.

How fucking imbecile can you get? It's like you saying "hurr mass is bullshit because if I don't correctly use my balance then the weight is not accurate durr".

C is the answer

Could be either
>A
because of the diagonal shift from the one corner to the next
>C
Because of the angular rotation and the equal number of each

answer is B
all rows have a matrix with 1, 2, and 3 elements so it could be B, C, or D then to figure out which see that row 2 is row 1 with all matricies rotated 90 degrees do the same for row three to get B
alternatively D because 4 elements lel

C not B, whoops

>my pattern is better than your pattern.
Wow. Great argument, Mr. Brain.

C

Indeed. Disregard the "never mind the square-transition discontinuity" B/C crowd or the worse "I canz finger count and despite not being able to find a unique and thus necessary 4-square, arithmetic is my best problem solving tool" D people.

It's A.

But will it blend?

I like the pattern for B the most because it also has rotation top to bottom. A is alright because it works for vertical and horizontal shift. I don't see anything else that seems simple enough. Clearly not D.

Are you guys for fucking real? The correct answer is B.

Answer is A, there can't be any other answer.

if you look at his cube. its just made up, he could have written any patterns on the sides. so he made the one that gave him G, but its arbitrary. righ?

It’s A wtf

A. No question.

infowarrior detected

Anyone who says D is a conspiracy nut who should go back to /x/

absolutely A

D looks way out of place there, all the other guys are nice straight lines then you have the fat ass that is D

>...
Typical brainlet.

Is insisting an obviously wrong answer like D is wrong in a blatantly insincere way THE way to troll Veeky Forums? Because it seems to be getting a lot of replies from the autists in this thread.

>like D is wrong
I meant to say right.

I saw C but I wasn't looking at the options (are you even suppossed to do that)
When I look at them D seems to work better than A
I'm pretty brainlet as you might imagine

I think it's A, as I've recognized a pattern in it. There is no reason my pattern is less or more valid than any other pattern though. Culture fair IQ tests are bullshit. Intelligence is inherently cultural.

Instead of arguing which arbitrary pattern is 'correct', lest see of sci can come up with a pattern for each answer
>A
It's a sweeping diagonal line
Or
By column, rotate first square anticlockwise 180deg, move red squares up one, take second square, rotate anticlockwise 90deg and move red squares right one, add together and you get the bottom square
>B
?
>C
Adding the red blocks for each row fills in a diagonal and one side with red
>D
>E
?
>F
?
>G
?
>H
?

A

it's E
thank me later

For D, it's also that the columns would go

anyone who says D because 4 has to justify why it is that arrangement of four rather than four corners

The squares always touch, and always diagonally.

Wow everyone is so fucking stupid.

The answer is D not from any counting rule...it's because of adjacency

First row:

1 Corner block. This block is adjacent to 2 blocks...of course, they are the 2 blocks in the second panel. Now, these 2 blocks are adjacent to the 3 diagonal blocks as seen in panel 3. You apparently also cannot re-use a block.

Same thing in row 2.

Now, in our ? panel, there are 4 blocks that this diagonal touches, as seen in D.

If you can't re-use a block why tf do you think you can do that with the bottom diagonal in D?

Its A.

What kind of shit tier online IQ test did you take this out of? Any multiple choice question with multiple possible answers is immediately discarded.

holy shit actual autism

What happened to my home sub Veeky Forums

it used to be all about cool math equastions

Neil de grase Tyroon and such

now its just jews showing us their IQ.

What Happened man?

E?

The answer is A, for in the first row, the tiles are moving downwards to the left, and would continue, ending in C. The second row moves downwards, but to the right, continuing with G, then H. The third row has the tiles move up and to the right, starting at C, then the two we are given, leading me to conclude that A is the next step, and the set would end at B. D, however, makes no sense in any pattern, and E would also make no sense whatsoever.

I think it's C.

Top kek. I kek'd too hard at this.

Let N be a countable subset of [math]\mathbb{R}^2[/math] show that [math]\mathbb{R}^2\backslash N[/math] is path connected

This, all the others are brainlets

You do realize that D was put there just to filter out the brainlets of the brainlets who are incapable of finding any pattern more complex than fucking number addition, right?

it's not D since there is no previous indication that two red sqares can exist in the same line or column. Therefore for it to be D you have to make an assumption regarding the rules.
The correct answer is either A or C since both require the same amount of assumptions.

C assumes that the order can be arbitrary but the pattern and numbers are the important parts.
A assumes that the same number of red squares can appear in the sequence, but it follows the correct direction of movement.

Personally i'd go with A

Thought it was confirmed to be E

H

pick two points p and q not in N. for almost every angle the ray emanating from p with the given slope will not not intersect N. do the same for q and surely you can find two rays with a point in common, the required path then lies in their union.

I say C.
And since this is clearly ambiguous here is what I saw. In number-pad notation:
2,5,7 all contain 2 boxes. 3,6,8 contain 3, the pattern wraps around so 1,4 and 9 must have 1 box. Within the groups the progression is with 90 degree anticlockwise turns, So 1-top right, 4-top left, making 9 be bottom left, that is C.