First of all, thanks for your talk (...)

>First of all, thanks for your talk (...)

>I'm OP and I like to suck big fat (...)

>Mr user did his PhD in Yadayada, then he did his postdoc in Obladioblada
>Thank you very much for the invitation

>First of all, I would like to tell the audience to go fuck themselves (...)

>This is a joint work with Dr. Xu, Zhao and Zhang

>For those of you that dont know...

>enters the stage
>starts with an anecdotal story to segue into their point

That's how its spelled!?

>funded by the NSF

>(why?)

>shows on his last slide pictures of his group lab members while hiking / eating in a fancy restaurant / on a mountain top
>and this user she did the amazing work on ...

I do that every so often when writing an essay, there's nothing wrong with kicking off whatever topic you will be thoroughly discussing by starting with a neat correlative anecdotal story.

>middle age nerdy asian woman

>there's nothing wrong with kicking off whatever topic you will be thoroughly discussing by starting with a neat correlative anecdotal story
Except that it's shit and pls just get to the fucking point since nobody gives half a fuck about your stories given that you're a boring academic.

Yes, dumb-dumb

Eh, none of my professors ever gave me a slap on the wrist for writing anecdotal prefaces, so I'll keep on doing it just to spite autists like you.

I'm glad I didn't put any of this bullshit in my defense.

Currently it looks very neat and precise aimed at helping people actually understand and use my research.

But you go to a shit university, hence your professor's standards are extremely low.

Eh, the University of Lisbon ain't so bad.

>Eh, the University of Lisbon ain't so bad.

>t. American who goes to some generic community college in the middle of nowhere trying to play the "mah unibersitee is bettur than urs" card

>I'd like to ask the audience to leave us alone while we ask the PhD candidate further questions.
why do they do this

Not him, but

>According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2016, also known as Shanghai Ranking, the University of Lisbon is ranked first in Portugal and 151-200 (overall) in the world. In the broad subject field of Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences the university is ranked 51-75 worldwide, while in the disciplines of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science it is ranked 101-150, 151-200 and 151-200, respectively.

That really isn't entirely terrible, 51-75 in Engineering actually sounds somewhat desirable for Erasmus.

>he thinks I'm not a 4 digit IQ god rejecting job offers from MIT

>First slide is a picture of a giant table with wires and lenses and shit
That's when I fall asleeo

and 2nd of all?

and to spite your reviewers, I'm sure

>le sexy tiem

segway*