Post Redpilled Geniuses & what made them redpilled

>Newton
>Solely focused on his work, never married.
>Hated people
>“Threatening my father and mother Smith to burn them and the house over them.”
>Ran the Royal Mint and had forgers executed.
>Risked stabbing his eyeball to do science.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

>shockley
>invent first practical transistor, therefore creating the modern world as we know it.
>advocated for eugenics
>wanted to cull niggers

As a computer scientist in training, that is interested in AI, reading 171-179 is scary.

This guy is right about everything he says, and his "the Future" section should be required reading for everyone.

I agree

>dropped out of school
>self-studied
>Russians were the best chess players in the world
>Russians has an army of chess geniuses to analyze moves, study theory, and prep hardcore
>he singlehandily beat the Russian chess machine
>later went off the deep end politically and quit chess

I didn't know this, respect

Those were /pol/ redpill

can anyone do Veeky Forums redpill
Tesla take on "quantum mechanics" -“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ”

you forgot
>a jew

did he not believe in the principles of quantization?

Not that user but he believed that mathematics without real world experiments that can confirm the equations, is useless. He wasnt a fan of quantum mechanics(neither was Einstein) because it starts diving into depths where one can only speak of probability. Einstein’s famous quote “God does not play dice” was in reference to that fact that he believed a proper quantum theory with accurate measurement would predict an exact outcome of any given quantum experiment. Instead we get waves of probability. Tesla saw this as just mathematical errors leading to incorrect assumptions about how reality works, Einstein believed that we just werent getting precise enough measurements and experiments to get the exact answer. Either way, it seems like the smartest people of the last century werent buying the Copenhagen interpretation. Then you have things liek Bohmian mechanics that were completely overlooked because people were too afraid to abandon what they had learned about the quantum world. Most people against Bohmian mechanics today do not understand it, and think that simply because most quantum physicists don’t believe in it neither should they. The truth about Bohmian mechanics(because i know im going to get flak for this) is as follows:
>it makes ALL of the same predictions as other QM interpretations, including entanglement issues, with the one exception being particle spin
>the differences in spin predictions are accounted for as a lack of understanding in what spin really is, and lack of perfect accuracy in our devices used to measure it.
>Bells theorem does not disprove Bohmian mechanics, and John Bell himself was a supporter of the theory
>Bells theorem disproves LOCAL hidden variables, not NON-LOCAL hidden variables as proposed by Bohmian mechanics.
Note that im not saying other interpretations are wrong, im just illustrating a point that scientific dogma often disqualifies good ideas and its possible we have been going down a dead end road.

interesting post, thx.
>scientific dogma often disqualifies good ideas
Absolutely. And it is worse: science is becoming more and more political.

Holy shit, thanks anons.

I read those and was extremely surprised by it. The conclusions he reached were quite logical, and the paths there right down to mass employments and the society's likely transformation into a service industry were highly accurrate. The thing is, this idea that people would be given more mundane service jobs to keep them busy as machines were doing the real work, is something that's only been brought up as a possible solution to the AI and robotics generated mass unemployments over the past few years.

And then you realize this guy made this manifesto almost 25 years ago. I'd also never known before that Unabomber was highly intelligent, even if he was schizophrenic and a hermit. Regardless, the accuracy of his statements over such a span of time, statements which must've been birthed a decade or two prior before he started his whole bombing run, is staggering.

I can't come up with much to counter the logic either. But on the other hand, I don't agree that it's a bad thing. Look at our history, look at what we've done to the planet. Look at where we are fucking now, fighting over genders and races like fucking children.

I don't think there's anywhere else to go but forward. And if forward means the eventual annihilation of the human race, then that may very well be a good thing that was a long time coming.

>Redpilled Geniuses
Contradiction.

>Ran the Royal Mint and had forgers executed.
sauce? I'd like to read more about that but cant find shit

This is a joke, right? I see 8 colors

This is such a bullshit lie of an image. The individual colors arent even lined up properly, so you can blatantly see the transitions. They used 8 fucking colors, if you see more you are hallucinating.

it's a meme you dips

I remember when memes were good. That time has clearly come to an end.

Fake

That definitely gave me the jibblies. It's too bad that he was a fucking psycho who killed a bunch of people. If only he had expressed his ideals in a more constructive way...

Wouldn't have made any difference. His manifesto offers great insight into what our future will likely end up being like, but much as everyone acquainted with the field of AI knows, it's impossible to stop.

We're already past the point of no return simply because capitalism demands that the development is continued. The benefits of even our current rudimentary AI are so incredibly massive that any tech company not using it would be committing suicide. Even if our governments created laws to ban AI development, other countries and private firms would continue to develop them.

It's like the proverbial philosopher's stone, within sight and just barely out of our reach. And whoever gets it will become the most powerful organization on this planet. Which is why the only reasonable way to pursue it, is for everyone to develop it together, so there's at least some sort of government level and public oversight involved.

The sad thing is humans have no foresight, which is why we have problems associated with technology right now. What makes you think we would change? The rulers of countries have no concern for the future, and the scientists have no understanding of policy. If we ever reach a utopia, it will either be sudden and unexpected, or brought by eugenics, because humans are too flawed to reach a perfect state. We are steadily declining, and it won't be easy to climb once we hit the bottom...

I'm pretty Newton was also an aspie.

yeah I think he was

>or brought by eugenics, because humans are too flawed to reach a perfect state
What makes you trust that humans and their flawed judgment can somehow implement a successful eugenics program?

You do not have to. Just make abortion legal and socially acceptable while simultaneously fighting the "all lives are equal (not only to the law, but in value) and he is beautiful even if shitty" meme.

>implying people all over the world won't be trying and stealing this tech

I don't trust that humans will. I don't see why the powerful rulers would want more competent people. Also, genetic engineering might never take place because of the "morality" feels and people getting butt hurt when our flaws are pointed out. These protests and spokespersons will be funded by people like Soros the whole time, I assure you.