Schizophrenia

Are there any books (fiction or nonfiction) that give an in-depth insight into schizophrenia??

I've been watching schizophrenia case studies on YouTube and my interest is peaked.

No Beautiful Mind pls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvoeOLKeScU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Piqued

who's the author?

r9k will provide you an insight into schizophrenia from the inside. just start a thread about it

Interest

my diary desu

>One of those threads.

Can't think of any.
I think the second post is just saying he's interested to know too.

Deleuze & Guttari

Anton Artaud.

deleuze and guattari

this, you can just browse the threads there

VERY good

Memoirs of my Nervous Illness

ignore these posts, you won't learn anything about actual schizophrenia from reading D&G

Nick Blinko: Primal Screamer

>Can't think of any.

Then why the fuck would you post a reply?
You think the fact you can't think of anything is interesting we want to read that?
Jesus tripfags are so starved for attention.

he's just bumping the thread u twat

1. Bumping the thread (as now)
2. "One of those threads" indeed.
3. Thought I'd give my two cents about those other posts. *Yawn* I know.

I hear Delany's Dhalgren is pretty crazy, but surrealism isn't exactly schizophrenia. (Also might try Finnegans Wake dreamscape)

In depth works would probably be of a clinical nonfiction variety. The fiction I would suspect are of the horror or true-crime sort.

Found the paranoid body with organs

I believe House of Leaves is about someone developing schizophrenia. It's more of a poetic lens to view the development through, however. Aside from that, try Shutter Island.

Kafka - The trial

In reality he actually murdered 17 women after raping them, he just can't remember.

u dont know schizophrenia brah

Is schizophrenia the most Veeky Forums mental illness?

Either that or BPD imo

Bipolar is toptier.
God I wish I had bipolar. Just think! what my poems could've been like. This way I am but a cripple, yearning self-inflicted wounds from drug and alcohol abuse; acting in the spirit of the late Rimbaud.

no its melancholy

I'm schizo and tried writing, but it's not any good. If I ever do get published I plan to keep my illness a secret.

I'm currently in the process (as In, 1 total page) of writing a series of recollections I have had in the wake of developing schizophrenia. I hope it will give people an understanding of the illness and how it relates to normal thought.

this book is surprisingly tame. OP should check out Rudimentary Peni if he wants schizophrenia in musical form, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=lvoeOLKeScU

Philip k penis

The Diary of Vaslav Nijinsky

>have melancholic depression
>cant write for shit or do any forms of art

>the sun freaks me out so I stayed inside all summer

>peaked
piqued

tripfaggots are cancer but you're ostensibly worse

bipolar != talent
t. bipolar who is usually told "but you should try to do something with this stuff!" everytime I get a little high energy and start talking about weird stuff in a very weird but ""elocuent"" (by what people have told me, sorry for sounding like an asshole) way
After you start taking pills (because this shit gets out of control sooner or later) you realize all that "weird crazy cool stuff" is just delusion, just a brain not working correctly, no real deep insigh what so ever
brb kms
whatever the fuck Joyce had, that guy was insane, who the fuck likes farts that much and writes something like FW, wtf

my diary desu

No RD Laing? You really are a bunch of plebs.

The Divided Self if you're a philosofag

Sanity, Madness, and the Family for a more clinical approach

Knots if you want to be schizophrenic

The obscene bird of night.

The author was only able to finish writing it after an schizo episode caused by a morphine injection, and finding out he was allergic to it.

>trampstamp for a trip
tripmanwhore?

You're an idiot for romanticizing mental illness like this. Real geniuses are never unhealthy or mentally ill, because a great writer transmutes his suffering into art, while being completely normal and sane on the outside. Great men tend to be cheerful, because someone who has suffered much has no other choice but to be. Art is, to use T.S. Eliot's phrase, an escape from personality. Mentally ill people are ill because they have too much personality.

Even Rimbaud was a shining example of perfect health. He wouldn't have been able to explore North Africa or make friends with the leading poets of his day if he had crippling BPD.

these all sound pretty good. thanks boys

im glad a few people on lit actually read

This right here 100 times. Be sure to get the unexpurgated version by Joan Acocella. Enjoy that, you lucky user!

You can Rimbaud on a weekend and still make good by being back to work on Monday, giving up poetry for reasons no one cares to imagine - mostly on the basis that those who enjoy reading Rimbaud don't believe a man could suddenly decide he didn't like who he was last night.