Standardized Clothing

RavySnake
RavySnake

catholics wear kick-ass robes when in the church
scientists wear lab-coats when in the lab
construciton workers wear those orange-yellow vests with hard-hat
Standardized outfits for different occupations is fucking neato. What should the standard be for Veeky Forums related fields (besides pic related)?

Attached: scientist.jpg (161 KB, 950x499)

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Engineers should be required to wear a leather gimp suit with an exposed asscrack at all times

Lunatick
Lunatick

doesn't really matter what math tards wear cause they never go out in public anyways

Attached: 1503786982150.png (581 KB, 768x960)

MPmaster
MPmaster

I disagree and I strongly support cenobitical gear a la pic related as standard garb for mathematicians. Above all, the bald pate for most, or else prodigious hair for those of higher grade.

Attached: 7c268b81-47cb-4772-ad36-5b675717a98b-screenshot.jpg (42 KB, 1280x544)

farquit
farquit

Compare with the traditional clothing of the medieval calculators of Ivalice, and notice especially the similarities of male garb.

Foolishly, women were allowed into the order in those days. The men did not adequetly guard their virginity and consequently their mathematics suffered, wasting valuable time which could have been devoted to researches by competing over the women in their midst. As time went on, these low-level "calculators" realized the error of their ways, and expelled women from the order, further needing the cringiest outfits possible to ward off all feminine distraction.

Attached: 18ah6w6bph444jpg.jpg (95 KB, 1200x675)

takes2long
takes2long

wholly on board with this. It will add to the mysterious atmosphere of mathematics and make it even more of a super secrit cool-kids club

Attached: theodosius.jpg (28 KB, 360x360)

w8t4u
w8t4u

Attached: s11.jpg (202 KB, 630x943)

eGremlin
eGremlin

dude scientists are smart, they wear whatever is most advantageous for their situation

Emberfire
Emberfire

you should be required to carry a handkerchief to soak up your tears

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Cargo shorts and ugly t-shirts?

Soft_member
Soft_member

12th grade Calc teacher here: I vehemently approve of my teaching only one period a day in full monastic garb just to fuck with the kids.

Attached: monks-singing.png (144 KB, 570x348)

massdebater
massdebater

Academic dress exists. No one wears it around all the time because it's hot and looks ridiculous.

Attached: regalia1.jpg (77 KB, 1001x688)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Spider on your suit and cravatte

hairygrape
hairygrape

Post results: I want to test the waters first.

nibba i'll fite u

TreeEater
TreeEater

yeah but remember since your highest degree is probably undergrad you don't get to wear a bonnet or a hood. Just a cap and gown.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

THIS.
All mathematicians should run around like that.

I am not yet convinced that sweatpants and T-shirts aren't the optimal clothing.

RumChicken
RumChicken

since your highest degree is probably undergrad
I have my master's, at least.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Anything with a hat of a specific color.
No brand.

MPmaster
MPmaster

not being a natural philosopher who devotes his studies to God
not taking the vows and wearing the robes

Fucking pussies. All scientific study is Godly study.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Glasses with safety shields on the sides for chemists. Of course one needs to need glasses.

I consider these my "mark of the chemist" when I'm out and about.

Flameblow
Flameblow

That's a photomodel, you dumb fuck. You can tell by the way he covers the mark of the measure flask

Illusionz
Illusionz

If you want to discover something new, wearing nothing seemed to work at least once

Attached: Archimedes-bath.jpg (126 KB, 600x424)

SniperGod
SniperGod

Lab coats are for nerds, I don't wear mine unless I absolutely have to.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit