Boodog

In the next few days, I'm set to attempt my first Boodog. However, I have no way of getting my hands on a marmot -- and I don't know what a marmot tastes like so I cannot be sure with what to sub in order to maintain as much of the recipe's "authenticity" as possible.

To anyone out there who's had marmot, is there an animal that comes close, both physically and flavor-wise, that's a bit more realistic in terms of sourcing?

To the people who've never had it, what do you think marmot should taste like?

Lets not forget Dude that keeping wildlife, um... an amphibious rodent, for... um, ya know domestic... within the city... that ain't legal either.

Shit like this is why I'm a pescatarian.

>dish called boodog
>not using dog

>To the people who've never had it, what do you think marmot should taste like?
What the fuck is this thread

Agreed. Let's attempt a legal option. I could make it with goat but 2 of the people in the company that will be dining on this are less than keen.

>wanting to eat one of these adorable buggers

Hey fuck you man

everyone uses goat it seems

It should taste like a rodent and his insides

Are you a fucking park ranger now?

Ah yes, this is the content I come for.

user, try groundhog as a substitute.

This. They're fatty and easy to catch. Also easy to flush out of their den with some water.

Most animals are adorable buggers. Deliciously so.

Cows are disgusting and absolutely retarded. Pigs are cute if they're small and not laying in a pile of their own shit. Goats are spooky and also dicks in general. Ducks are cute. Chickens aren't. All baby animals are cute but that's biology I think. lamb chops make me sad but fuck they're good. All seafood is pretty gross.

A raccoon?

rabbies

Groundhog has a very thickly rich rabbit taste but I don't know how good a substitute that would make given the... inflation factor.

I guess I work it out on a meat/adorable ratio. Like, that looks like it has fuck all meat on it and it's adorable so I won't touch it. Pigs are cute but also have loads of meat so fuck it.

>The hypocrite's guide to carnivorism

lmfao

Just buy a Guinea pig from a pet store.

>carnivorism
isn't that just being a human without a 'religion'

Marmots are disgusting. They piss everywhere, and it smells terrible. There are glands in them that you'll need to be careful of. If they were to rupture you'll ruin the animal and whatever room you were in.

No, no it isn't. That is "atheism".

>Fish guts are okay! totally not weird and gross

uma delicia

Groundhog/prairie dog is literally a marmot. Easy enough.

It's not even spooky

easiet though should probably be using grey/fox squirrel and making individual boodog plates. Though their diet may vary from that of a ground squirrel so it may change the overall flavor. Something to chew on

After cross-referencing, I think hare is the way to go.

What about Nutria?

Squirrel or rabbit should be easily obtainable online.

Unless these fuckers live in your state.
Then you might be able to find a source.

>It's not even spooky

>googles boodog
>gets pic related

I just shat myself, man.

No, but I can hunt hare/rabbit.

Who will know the difference from one rodent to the next?

nice marmot