Deadlifts

Should I do them on pull day or leg day and why

You should do them on deadlift day.

Leg day
The hamstrings, quads and glutes (legs) contract and move the weight
The erectors, lats, rhomboids and traps (back) stabilise the weight by doing isometric work

But doing both deadlifts and squats on the same day would be to taxing on the body correct?So should I do deads on leg day A and squats on leg day B

I alternate days for squats and deadlifts, but I do fullbody

ask yourself why you want to do deathlifts in the first place?

if your goal is to compete in powerlifting events or whatever where you need to actually deadlift, than deadlift.
as long as you DONT want to compete dont fucking do deadlifts.

I never understood why this fucking board is so obsessed with this retarded excercise.

Because it allows insane gains.

Because it feels good.
Because it transfers well to real world strength.
Because lifting heavy stuff is fun.
Because you feel like a fucking monster.
Because it's fucking fun.
Because fuck you that's why.

>allows

Show me proof of someone hurting their back deadlifting.

Or otherwise explain why its a retarded exercise.

Growth factor for one. Bug fat shock to the system.

But besides that, some sort of deadlift or deadlift variant is important for glute and hamstring development, which matters a lot for athletes and people who lift for whatever reason they lift.

I like deadlifts just as much as the next guy, but come on, there are plenty of back injuries from all sorts of exercises.

I never said anything about hurting your back...
there are other way safer and easier ways to get a swole back. most bodybuilders dont even fucking do them.

inb4 you start to cherry pick certain bodybuilder like ronny. i fucking said MOST.

the excercise is just not worth the risk. risk/reward is fucked up.

Reddit: the response

the growth factor for big compounds like squat/deadlift was always just a myth. that shit was debunked in studies.
too lazy to look em up, but if you have the time you can search for yourself.

What risk?
Show PROOF that it is more dangerous than any other exercise.
The only somewhat common injury is bicep tear from mixed grip, but that isn't a danger of deadlifting, thats a danger of being a retard.

The risk/reward is much more in favor of reward and there is way more evidence to support that.

are you retarded on purpose?
how can you not fucking see how deadlift can be considered one of the most dangerous excercises?

Iam like speechless right now... fucking Veeky Forums

this guy lmao

You do them on back day

What, because untrained people hurt their back lifting objects from the floor with a round back, that makes deadlifting dangerous?

Proof pls.

I do deadlift on 1st back day of the week.

legs/push1/pull1/push2/pull2

Less taxing physically, allows me to do 5-6 days a week with 1-2 days off and cut the amount of volume per workout if I need to.

tl;dr pull day senpaitachi

the deadlift is the best indicator of someone's overall strength. Name another excercise that is more useful than picking something heavy up off the ground.

Pro tip: you can't so shut up DYEL faggot

What's wrong with push pull only w deds on pull squat on push pull push rest repeat?
I'm new and it's easier to remember

you should do the on mondays wedsday and fridays

>most bodybuilders don't even do them
literally no, and excellent fucking bait given deadlifts are one of the most popular exercises for all physique competitors and athletes in general and not a single successful coach doesn't recommend them

don't you have better things to do than shit up Veeky Forums with your ebin maymays

i think hes still digging for evidence of them being dangerous to prove that other user wrong lol

Deadlift question here

So i was deadlifting with mehdi's advice on how to deadlift and i noticed when i recorded myself my lower back was rounding out on the start of the lift.

then i decided to deadlift by lowering my hips more (kinda like a squat) and my lower back wasn't rounding as bad, just slightly, point is, does your lower back have to be perfectly straight throughout the lift, also do different people require different deadlift forms so their back doesn't round?

nah, brah.
I have better things to do. There is nothing to win arguing with random people on the internet. No matter what I will post you will still keep your opinion and I will keep mine.
Do what you think works best for you, I dont fucking care.

Dyel admits defeat volume I

you're not going to make it

This
Saturday is deadlift day for me

>do different people require different deadlift forms so their back doesn't round?
yes they do, because arm lengths, torso length and leg lengths vary. Alan Thrall has made an excellent video on that.

>alan thrall

It fixed my lower back issues
Deadlift = love

Same, had back problems and felt it was weak due to being a lanklet.
>muscles need strengthening
>deadlifts do this perfectly.