Lean/Slow bulk?

I got a question for people doing lean bulking/slow bulking

That diet advocates adding 100+200 calories a day. I could eat that many calories with a handful of almonds, how the fuck does a handful of almonds going to make a difference?

Discuss

... because they have calories...

holy shit this board is stupid

was that a serious question?

sidenote, is that even the same person in that pic? his face looks very long in last pic compared to the one in middle lol

Yeah a handful of almonds worth of calories!

Just a simple Law of Thermodynamics will tell you that the progress from pic related cannot be created from nowhere.

So you are telling me less than 100g (ish) grams of nuts can gain me pounds of muscle?

Come on, dawg.

do you have a mental disability that prevents normal human facial recognition?

plot twist. 1 and 3 picture is the same person. 2 is his twin brother

GTFO 9fag

200 calories surplus.
200 x 7 days = 1400 cals
1400 x 4 weeks in a month = 5600 cals
1lb = ~3500 cals
5600 cals/3500 cals = ~1.6 lbs per month gained

Why not just eat 3500 cal surplus a week and gain 4 lbs. a month?

Because you're probably only going to gain less than 2 lbs of muscle at most. You're just adding 2lbs of fat per month. it's good if you want to add strength but it won't help you get any muscle

>that gyno
Dera lord

Same person. That's 3 years of progress from start to finish. He's from some Scandinavian country, and he admitted to not watching his bulk thus the middle picture.

bleh, i'm basically the guy in the middle atm, but i started out fatter instead of thinner

tfw when I'm at 2.

Any tips?

Slow bulk is how you are suposed to do it
Bulking and cutting are just memes

yes, you will gain muscle but the key word in clean/slow bulk is SLOW. its not like you're gonna get ripped in 5 months b/c you eat 200 Cal over tdee. its gonna take some time. Im bulking at around 500-600 over tdee on chicken broccoli lentils etc... if you avoid iifym and stick to "clean" foods, you can eat more and thus gain more without packing on as much fat.

It just fucking works. I used to bulk dirty without giving fucks, but I've been able to make gains at roughly the same rate with a mere ~200 kcal surplus.

The key is having an estimate of your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) as accurate as possible.

Insane fucking Dejavu, I remember seeing this thread with the exact same replies fuckin months ago what the fuck

You're an idiot if you think eating "clean" is going to stop you from putting on just as much fat as a "non-clean" diet. A 500-600 surplus is probably too high and going to lead to quite a bit of fat gain.

This. Calories are calories. The trick of it is, shitty foods are denser in calories for one serving so it's harder to apportion it properly.

>how the fuck does a handful of almonds going to make a difference?
> slow bulking

You're a waste of quads and a waste of life

>Calories are calories
Don't equate fat, carbs, and protein with each-other

Goofy fucks like you are the reason retard questions like "is quinoa a carb?" get asked

I hope your mother dies in her sleep, no amount of reposting this will save you

Calories are calories. Sure, your macro balance can affect your level of anabolic and catabolic hormones, but not as much as lifting.

So is quinoa a carb?

Also is one able to leanbulk using keto then?

I ask because I am thinking it might make it easier to feel fuller, and allows flexibility on how many calories over you could eat

I'm just glad I'm not the only one, this shit happens to me all the time.