/FAST/ INSULIN RESET EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27737674
strawpoll.me/14266665
youtube.com/watch?v=KCRAMkuIzp0
youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg
youtube.com/watch?v=Viqm9Ona4SI&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=PbQ7lCpCF9U&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Testosterone and insulin-like growth factor 1 decreased significantly in TRF
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27737674

Apologize right now

On day 2 of my water fast, I have multivitamins what else would I need for a 7 day? also when should I stop the fast.

So don't eat retard, that's been known, 16/8 is like, dipping your toe in the water, getting slight benefits with most of the cons

IF still causes an insulin response

FIRST FOR NOT SKIPPING BREAKFAST LIKE A NEW FAG

Can I use salt instead of electrolyte tablets

Not sure if IF is a meme or not in it's health benefits
same as keeping carbs consumed late at night

Took a potassium supplement and now have super painful stomach cramps. Only on day 3

Do what I do.

1teaspoon of pink salt and 1 of potassium chloride. Potassium supplements are fucking shit. You want 4700mg of potassium daily and supplements got like 50-150mg in one pill. Absolutely nothing.

Youtube "how to start snake diet". That guy really knows his shit

strawpoll.me/14266665
strawpoll.me/14266665
strawpoll.me/14266665
strawpoll.me/14266665

>how to start snake diet"
Hello why does he have coloured nails?

Outside of Fung, is there any reputable source claiming that extended fasting periods won't fuck you up?

I've been meaning to try it, as I need to lose about 10kg, but I'm afraid of losing all my gains.

Dr Rhonda Patrick interviews with Ray cronise.it's on youtube.during the vid he says he is in day 20 something of a fast

Fuck off brainlet

>CONCLUSIONS: Our results suggest that an intermittent fasting program in which all calories are consumed in an 8-h window each day, in conjunction with resistance training, could improve some health-related biomarkers, decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males.

>caring about free test like it's the end of the world
>caring about one 30 person study
If you're going to tout it around let me tout the 8 person study that shows that the blood of young men that have just done HIIT has a stronger anti-cancer response than 4 different chemo drugs

If isn't a meme, read the op, and carb loading at night is fucking horrible considering you have the biggest insulin response after about 4-5pm

For fun

Snake diet guy got hundreds of succes stories. Cured diabetes and loose skin too

Is the guy from "snake diet" full of shit? I mean, he makes some videos that are on point with what we discuss here.
I know he's trying to sell you some shitty coaching and I'm 100% against his advice on dry fasting but anyway, this video is okish.

youtube.com/watch?v=KCRAMkuIzp0

holy shit I didnt see your post before asking this

Started IF today, need to shed around 4 - 5% bf, I want to go from 12% BF to around 7-8% BF.

I plan on getting around 2000 cals, my TDEE is roughly 3500. Too strict?

Any quick tips other than keep to the schedule, keep enough protein intake and stay within your calorie range?

>maintain muscle mass
>Not grow

Why would you want something that you can only maintain and not actually gain? Also, lowering test kills the sex drive

A couple of things on that though:

a) why do people say they lose muscle whilst cutting and not whilst fasting? surely it would be much worse?

b) why is this not commonly practiced by doctors worldwide?

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHY IS HE SCREAMING THE MOTHER FUCKER NEEDS SOME BREAKFAST

yeah his "personality" is so fucking annoying that makes it hard to take him serious.

No but come on seriously why does have his nails painted?

what the fuck I just noticed this here too what
the
fuck

He isnt trying to sell you anything. He does it for free. Check his fb group snake diet motivation 96k members

WEL, FUCK THE ONLY THING THAT HE MIGHT BE WRONG ABOUT HERE IS

>YOU PROBABLY DON'T NEED NEARLY AS MUCH SHIT IN THE DRINK AND
>YOU PROBABLY COULD GET AWAY WITH LITTLE TO NO VEGETABLES
>YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF CYCLING IN AND OUT OF THE DIET TO MAINTAIN MUSCLE

BUT THE GENERAL IDEAS HE HAS IS KINDA OKAY

youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg

A) fasting provides massive boost to HGH which spares muscle

B) fasting is free,there is no money for pharmafags/dietary supplements in it. Also people are scared of fasting. Most people thing that you pass out from low blood sugar if you dont eat for 24 hours

He is a fucking tranny?

>*CYCLING CARBS

I dont think he is wrong. His approach is if you are fatass "fat as long as possibly fatty"

He advocates breaking fast with lot of veggies and low carb to stay in keto. 1:4 which means that if you breal your fast with 100g of eggs you should eat at least 400g of veggies with it.

When he is gaining muscles he eats several kg of veggies/fruit

Most of his advice are focused on really fat people that don't work out, so theres no need to cycle. However, I remember one of his videos that he talks about a powerlifter fasting only on rest days.

Do you guys have any smoothie recipes for micronutrients? Like one that covers most if not all micronutrients.
Want to buy a blender and start doing it and drinking the thing through the day, it's really hard for me to eat volumous meals since I've gotten shredded as fuck, plus my stomach doesn't tolerate food when eit's forced

I'm 1m88 80kg skinnyfat ~15%bodyfat, should I fast or will I die because not enough fat deposits?

Says it's easier to pic up cunts in his McDonalds video

He says that fatties should work out and that they can go weeks or even month without food

You will be ripped before you die of starvation.

Should the pink salt and nosalt be taken all in one go or separated throughout the day?

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
it's not

after 3 or 4 days, might help to take elctrolyte, nunn

THROUGHOUT THE DAY
DON'T GO OVER 4700MG POTASSIUM THOUGH, IF YOU'RE DRINKING MORE THAN 1,5L THEN YOU'RE PROBABLY DRINKING TOO MUCH. UNLESS YOU SWEAT LIKE A PIG OR DO HEAVY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.

FUCK OKAY OKAY FUCK MAN

Put it into your water bottle together and sip it through day.

If you drink it all at once you will probably shit yourself

Who is day 10+ here? I'm going for 26 days and somehow managed to survive all the food offers I get from people.

Only almost day 8. I want to do dry fast for next 3 days,refeed with coconut water and cucumbers and then go bacl to fasting

thanks user your comment really made me change the way I think.
I will be deleting the thread now, theres no need for /fast/ anymore cya guys

I'm not saying fasting doesn't have benefits. I fast as well (did 3 days last week). But CICO is not bullshit. I've lost weight by eating 2000 cal per day. And on some days, I ate shit

dry fast?

What are you dry fasting for? the loose skin?

Where someone takes no water or food into their system

no water for 3 days? seems foolish, but to each he rown

Its suppose to have incredible effects on the skin especially those who have stubborn loose skin.

What user said. Soft dry fast to be precise

I dont have loose skin yet. I want to see how it feels.

>so theres no need to cycle

IT DOES NOT MATTER FAT PEOPLE HAVE MUSCLE UNDER FAT
>THE MORE MUSCLE YOU HAVE THE LESS FAT YOU HAVE
USING CARBS TO GET AN INSULIN SPIKE WILL MAINTAIN AND HELP GROW MUSCLE.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HIT PLATEAUS THE BODY STARTS TRYING TO REACH LIKE THIS FUCKING HOMEOSTASIS AND WILL RAISE INSULIN LEVELS IF YO ARE IN KETO FOR TO LONG

YOU NEED TO VIEW KETO AS KIND OF LIKE AN EXTENDED FAST AND SEE CARB FEEDING AS IF YOU ARE BREAKING A FAST

UNLESS YOU HAVE FUCKING ESKIMO GENETICS THEN YOU NEVER NEED TO TOUCH ANOTHER CARB AND FASTING MIGHT FUCKING KILL YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=Viqm9Ona4SI&t=1s

Ok man, good luck

YEAH I GET WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, IT DOES MAKE SENSE.

BUT I DON'T THINK OBESE PEOPLE NEED TO DO CARB REFEEDS OFTEN THOUGH, ITS REALLY HARD TO 100+LB OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE REACH PLATEOUS

Wanting to do a 24 hour fast. What will it do?

holy fuck it's been a month since i broke keto and my fast and i haven't been able to get back on the fucking train.

help me guys. what can i do tomorrow that will set me back on the right track?

Russians are doing 12 days+.

Snake guy did 7 days. He got results on his channrlel. Its supposed to be very good for loose skin. You are supposed to chill and stay at home while doing it,not exercising and just relax. "Dont be a fucking hero" he says

Thanks. I kinda dont want to do it because it means I will have to break my water fast. Then again Im curious about results and how I will feel.

>help me guys. what can i do tomorrow that will set me back on the right track?
Dont eat

Can I not take salt on the snake oil diet? I don'T want to get bloated

Lose some water. Do more. Main benefit of fastig starts at 48-72 hours when your body is in ketosis already

IF SUPER FAT THE LONGER FASTING MAKES SENSE

BUT JUST TELLING PEOPLE TO STICK TO KETO OR AN ATKINS SYLE SHIT INDEFINITELY

IS JUST BAD AND PROBABLY WONT WORK VERY WELL CONSIDERING THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO SELF CONTROL

JUST PROLONGED FASTING INTO A INTERMITTENT FASTING STYLE EACH DAY EATING IN A 10 HOUR WINDOW OR LESS

THEN YOU CAN GO ALL KETO MOST OF THE DAY WITH CARB LOADS

guess it really is that simple. man i'm kind of desperate to get back into it. i felt fucking great during my fast and keto. totally changed the way i interacted with food but this past month i've felt like i've been falling back into bad habits. too many carbs. i miss going days without needing to shit. also this past month i've been feeling really bloated and i've been farting non-stop. never happened on my fast.

i want to feel superhuman again.

You wont get bloated. Yes salt makes you retain water but potassium chloride counters it. You need both for your electrolytes especially if you are working out/sweating

Thanks
Stop snake oil posting you autists.

STOP SKIPPING BREAKFAST

>tfw snake guy just posted fasted cold bath fat loss instruction in his group

Gonna try it lads

SKIP EVERYTHING

HEY FATTY
YOU NEED SALT TO FUNCTION AS A HUMAN BEING, KAY?! IF YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH SALT YOU WILL FEEL LIKE SHIT

I don’t usually post here but I binge ate about 5000 cals worth of cookies and donuts yesterday so I’ve been fasting all day today. Feel fine desu

Been doing the fasting thing for 2 weeks now.

>no breakfast
>no lunch
>eat whatever I want for dinner and pre dinner snacks
>started at 236 lbs
>just weighed myself at 225 lbs today
>feels good

Physically weaker during the day, but 300% better mental attention. It's strange.

>tfw screaming fasting Tranny about to OD on minerals

>>no breakfast

I have localized fat on my ass, it can go away through fasting right?

>ate a fuckton yesterday
>still losing weight because of 5-day fast

I'm on day 28 atm, although I've been taking multivitamins/b complex/biotin/electrolyte pills (sodium/potassium/magnesium/calcium).

I feel fine desu, my exercise used to be a 2 mile walk cardio (i do 6-7 miles at work) and lifting a 16kg dumbbell in arm/back exercises until i tire out (depends on energy levels)

I did 3 day fast, went full retard and did 2 normal heavy squat sessions. Third day I couldn't read two sentences together.

did you die?

I wish ...

I'm two weeks in bros and I've been feeling weird about the last three days, I'm getting cramps in my stomach, have absolutely no energy and I'm sleeping like 11 hours a day, and whenever I try to swallow my supplements I end up dry heaving for a few seconds before/after I swallow them, should I stop or keep going? Are all these symptoms normal and will they go away? Had good energy up until about day 10-11, but it's fucking gone now.

I'm taking 400mg magnesium glycinate, about a tsp of lite-salt and one ephedrine (24mg) and caffeine (200mg) pill erry day.

pic related me after taking these fucking pills

dont take supplements,take salts

Stop taking ephedrine and caffeine.

Take a multivitamin/b complex pill.

youtube.com/watch?v=PbQ7lCpCF9U&feature=youtu.be

FAST AS LONG AS YOU FUCKING CAN

dont take any pills. You got your vitamins in your fat

Lower bf%, autophagy, among other things?

Also, I'm not sure if you get this, but you're not supposed to fast forever.

I'm a guy and I have localized fat on my ass and hips. The story is I was fat as a kid and when I just became normal looking after a puberty sprout. Everything evened when it got longer except my ass and hips. I have shoulders wider than my hips but I still look almost like a freak, will fasting eliminate every last fat deposit wherever it is?
I have 22.6 BMI right now btw.

you will lower your serum insulin, improve pancreas sensitivity a small bit, improve liver health a small bit, and get a good dose of neuronal autophagy

/fast/ doesn't seem to realize but even most dr.s in the community say that one 16:8 per week is enough for decent benefits

People need to fuck off with this literal snake oil diet

>People need to fuck off with this literal snake oil diet
You need to educate yourself retard. He is not trying to sell you anything

16:8 provides minimal benefit let alone only once per week

Technically only the fat soluble vitamins which are A, D, E, and K.

i swear these retards think we're gonna fast for a year or something, just doing it to lose weight.

I implore you to come back and say that once you have 5 different articles in 3 different journals backing your point.
For the average normie, one or two 16:8s are invaluable, most of this is because most normies eat like shit all the time and drink soda

/fast/ is full of humans like no other doing OMAD every day or EODs and heavy lifting, so we have a bias against light IF regimens

also he can fuck off because snake oil diet dude sounds like a fucking fag and I don't want anybody catching the gay

You sound like someone who is triggered by him saying "HEY FATTY" fatty.

His stuff is legit and he knows his shit,helped hundreds of people and got solid results. If your only argument against him is "he is hurting my feels" then you need to fuck off.

Source on the HGH thing?

>projecting this hard

Fung has a great article on idm program, leangains I think also has some posts on it

Guys help me

I'm currently taking 2g of phenibut daily. How does it interact with fasting?

I'm not sure this guy's argument is very strong here.

Some isolated arctic population has weird stuff going on when it comes to their body fat, no fucking shit. It's not relevant to the rest of us, and he didn't actually look at any relevant studies that would help with his point.

NOT GOING TO LIE

I KIND OF LIKE THIS GUY

FAST REEEEEEEEEEE FAT FUCK REEEEEEEE

>relevant studies that would help with his point.

Post one, if you have European genetics there is a good chance that you developed the need for carbs through epigenetics or you would have died off in like fucking 3 generations.